Ultrasonic Cavitation- All you need to know
Most of us are aware of the term “Obesity”. Obesity has nothing to do with overall body weight. It actually shows the fat coated or fat deposited in the body or specifically in adipose tissue. Obesity is the reason for many other diseases in humans. This is one of the major concerns nowadays & unfortunately, this is increasing day by day.
There are many treatment methods available to treat this. But, most of them are either surgical or have higher chances of complication. Patients are afraid of surgery & needles. So, if you are also looking for an affordable non-surgical yet effective way to get rid of excess body fat, this article is for you.
In this article, Dr. Shweta explains everything that you must know about Ultrasonic Cavitation. Dr. Shweta is a lifetime member of the Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy. She is one of the best skin specialist in Indiranagar, Bangalore.
What is Ultrasonic Cavitation?
Ultrasonic cavitation, also known as ultrasound cavitation is a non-surgical method of fat removal from the body. In this method, ultrasound waves are used to destroy the fat cells in targeted isolated areas. Your doctor will use a handheld machine & will hover-over the targeted area. The machine will deliver low-frequency sound waves to destroy the fat cells under your skin.
How Ultrasonic Cavitation Works?
In this method, the low-frequency sound waves will cause vibration to the walls of fat cells. As a result, the cell will burst & will release the fat in the form of free fatty acid. The lymphatic system will remove the dead cells within 3-4 months of treatment. It is a hover-over treatment method which means there is no need for anesthesia & it is considered as one of the best alternatives to surgical methods.
Why Ultrasonic Cavitation?
Dr. Shweta recommends Ultrasonic Cavitation for the following reasons-
- The method is absolutely safe & non-surgical. There is very little chance of post-treatment complications or any other side effects.
- The recovery time is negligible. There is no need for bed rest or hospital stay after the process is completed. You can get back to your normal workalike on the very same day of treatment.
- The process takes very little time (30-50 minutes). Though the number of sessions required is higher, but each session will take very little time.
- The process is painless. It is a hover-over method where your doctor will use a machine & glide it over the targeted area. It is a non-invasive method.
- The cost is also very less compared to other complex surgical methods.
How Many Sessions Required?
Well, the answer depends upon the level of fat to be removed. In general, it takes 8-10 sessions to complete the process. But If the fat quantity is higher, then it might take up to 12 sessions to show significant changes. It will take 3-4 months for your lymphatic system to remove the dead fat cells from your body. So the ultimate result will be visible after 3-4 months.
Is It a Permanent Solution?
Well, the answer is “NO”. But wait, there is good news. You can expect a lifetime lasting result after treatment. The fact is, the stability of the result depends on you. If you are following a healthy diet & a healthy lifestyle, the result will last for lifelong. But if you are not able to maintain that lifestyle, then extra fat will again accumulate in your body parts. So, you must follow a healthy diet which includes high protein & green vegetables. Keep yourself hydrated & avoid alcohol & fat-rich foods to stay fit. Drink plenty of water daily to keep yourself hydrated. A moderate level of regular exercise will act as the icing on the cake. So, you can expect a lifetime lasting result just by following these guidelines.
Asper Dr. Shweta. there are no such complications or risks associated with this method. This a non-surgical & non-invasive method of treatment. Though there is no risk post-treatment, your doctor must know about your diet & lifestyle to use this method. So, it is necessary to disclose your clinical history to your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are a smoker, drug addict or if you are taking any other medicine even if it is herbal. The doctor might ask you to stop taking anti-inflammatory medicines two weeks before treatment. Stop consuming alcohol & drink plenty of water before treatment.
Ultrasonic Cavitation Cost-
The process is considered to be affordable compared to other available treatment methods. The cost of ultrasound cavitation varies depending upon the body part, fat level. It also depends upon the location, experience & expertise of your doctor & the number of sessions required. Considering all the above-mentioned factors, the cost of ultrasound cavitation varies from 15000-200000 in India.
Dr. Shweta recommends following methods as an alternative of Ultrasonic Cavitation-
- Cool sculpting- This is the method where unwanted fat is reduced by freezing the fat cells. The process used in this treatment is known as cryolipolysis.
- Trusculpt- In this method, RF energy is used to destroy unwanted fat cells from any body part. This is a hover-over process that never touches your skin. This method is also very safe.
- Warm sculpt- This is also one of the popular methods to control fat. In this method, a diode laser is used to kill the fat cells permanently.
- EMsculpt- EM stands for electro-magnetic which means this method uses the EM field to stimulate rapid muscle contraction. This method is mostly used for the persons who are actually fit enough but want to reduce the fat level to get a muscular body.
Above mentioned methods are non-surgical treatment process. But if you are looking for a drastic change then you should consider surgical methods. Liposuction is a less invasive method of fat removal from your body. In this method, extra fat is removed from any body part using a vacuum. The result is also long-lasting & chances of complications are also less.